Sunday, October 28, 2012

I'm Still Alive!

I was just cleaning my room and got really bored and that is when I realized it has been about 11 weeks since I have been home! That is insane, you have no idea how much I miss Paraguay, like you just can't imagine. First off I would just like to apologize for practically neglecting my blog, I feel terrible for not posting anything in such a long time. However I did start a new blog since I have been home, but I'm not going to give you the link because I don't want you to find it :P

Last night I had a dream about going back to Paraguay, it was really weird, but good at the same time because it really felt like I was there. I was going to Paraguay with a new group of exchange students and some other volunteers I know, only the students weren't getting families, they were just going there. On the way there we had a plane stop in India because in my dream world India borders Paraguay. So we spent a day in India because I guess we had an extremely long layover. We got on public buses and went to eat, I guess. Everyone said how the buses were bumpy and old and beat up but I told them to wait because the ones in Paraguay and an even greater experience. When we ate I told one of people that when we get to Paraguay I would probably go off on my own a little a visit my host family, then I started to cry. I felt like I had abandoned my family and I wanted to go tell them that I hadn't. In truth sometimes I do feel like I am just going to lose them some day and I am afraid of that happening. I mean no matter how hard I try I feel like it will all be gone, and its a terrible fear, but it is my goal never to let it happen. Anyway after India we made it Paraguay and I went to my house and surprised my family. It was as if nothing had changed and it was great! Eventually my dream got weirder and weirder until I woke up because my neighbor and some other random people started showing up in Paraguay and I have no idea way.

This is sort of how I felt for part of my dream

I know it is a really strange dream, but it made me so happy to wake up and realize that as long as I try hard enough I won't lose that bond with my host family. So far I have not lost the connection with my two exchange students and I know I never will because we care about each other enough and we'd never let that happen. If you set your mind to something then fallow through with it, that is what I've been doing, it's what got me to Paraguay in the first place.

Since I have been back I think about Paraguay everyday, my friends are probably sick of hearing about it by now. I gave a presentation to some exchange students who live near me, and my friend from Belgium came and stayed my me and my family for a few days which was really nice because I hadn't seen her in years. Sergio says he is coming over Christmas break, I really hope he does. I haven't talked to him recently because he was out traveling England and probably the rest of Europe (I am so jealous!)

Well I should probably get back to cleaning my room, filling out college applications, finishing Hamlet, or something a bit more productive, but I will try to update this blog more often, I can still go on and on about things I did in Paraguay, I hope you don't mind :)

Oh, I fond this, I think it's pretty funny, well if you speak Spanish anyway. Sorry for the word use, that is if you know what word it uses. I guess I'm not the only person in the world how doesn't like McDonald's.


No comments:

Post a Comment