Monday, June 18, 2012

¡Los Animales del Paraguay!

I didn't realize that I have only published 5 post, I've written more (just not published them) and put a TON of time into this thing, but I guess it's pretty boring for anyone reading this, sorry. My point of this post is to familiarize you with where I am going. It turns out many people know little to nothing about Paraguay which is quite sad, but that's ok because it gives me an excuse to write something new!

Since I only have about 10 days until I leave I'll try to make ten posts. For a while I'll make ones specifically describing Paraguay since most people don't know much about it. Today's topic...Animales! 

Because Paraguay has rain forests and tropical/subtropical features it is a great home to many different animals. Here in the US there are tons of animals that are native to the US like the buffalo or the alligator or even polar bears but who actually see these in their natural habitat? Almost no one. Even though Paraguay is home to awesome animals I know I probably won't see most of them, but I still think they are really cool so I'm still going to show you them!

Some of Paraguay's animals include, but are not limited to: the armadillo, one of my favorites!


This cute thing that I just found called a Paraguayan Hairy Dwarf Porcupine.


Coati's I think I've seen a picture of these walking in the cities, but I really have NO idea.


What I think is one of the coolest (the jaguar)!


Lets not forget the worlds largest rodent, the Capybara (I thought this picture was funny)
This thing can get to be the size of a cow (from what I've been told, I don't actually know).


Well that's just to name a few of the many animals Paraguay has to offer, but I hope you've enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. People hunt and eat those things (the Capybaras). If you get a chance eat some for me, I'll live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete