Sunday, June 24, 2012

What is Paraguay?

Once again I have failed to post not only another post, now I am 3 or 4 behind schedule...I hope no one minds.
In general, when I tell people that I am going to Paraguay very few people know where it is. This has been kind of shocks me, I've known where it is for a long time, but maybe it's because my mom is a Spanish teacher. Here's some stuff to familiarize yourself with where I am going. I learned some of this stuff after I found out that's where I am going, and this way when I talk about me being there you'll have an idea of what my surroundings are like. Enjoy!

For the record, I've known where Paraguay is long before I knew I was going there. But like everyone else, I still don't know everything about it, so here's some stuff to familiarize yourselves when I'm actually going to talk about me being there. (I don't know if that last sentence makes sense but just bear with me.)


Paraguay is one of the only two land locked countries in South America. It is below the equator and  borders Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia. It has two major langues, Spanish (used in government, work, and the capital) and GuaranĂ­ (which is used in homes and around communities (I think)). As I explained before Paraguay is home to lots of different animals. It, along with the whole of South America, is in LOVE with soccer! The town I will be staying in is home to a big soccer museum, at least I think that's what it is.


Paraguay is mostly a Catholic country, it is run by a president, and it is about the size of California. It's flag has two different side, a front and a back (obviously), and there are about 6 million people that live there. It has tropical forests and the country has two regions: Paraguay Oriental (East) and Paraguay Occidental (West).

Well that's pretty much what I know, and I know I was just rambling off like I'm wikipedia or something, but  the only think I had to look up was the East and Western names, so I think I'm pretty good. Oh, it's capital is Asuncion which is about the size of Pittsburgh, and it is home to the Iguazu Falls which is on it's Argintian/Brazil border.


Well I hope you know what I'm talking about now when I mention Paraguay. I leave in 3 days so I'll keep you posted on my flight patterns (like a bird :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment