Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fútbol

Finally, a new post!

Here every soccer game is a huge deal, especially if Cerro, Olimpia, or your towns team is playing. I was really suprised when Luque had a game and all the streets just cleared out. Everyone goes somewhere to watch the game, usually if they weren't at home they sit in a restaurant or crowd around a tv that is somewhere close by. People also sit on benches or the side walk and listen to it through the radio. Stay away from the crazy fans, at the end of the Luque vs. Olimpia some guy shot an opposing fan in the leg. They so crazy over every single game. Turns out last week was like the superbowl. I didn't realize it though until it was over and the winning team was holding a big soccer ball thing. It was crazy, the restaurant closed early and like all the other games, when someone scored you could hear people going crazy everywhere. The game was Cerro vs. Olimpia, they are the two biggest rivals.

I, along with almost all of my host family, wanted Cerro to win, and they did! The final score was 2-1, I missed the beginning because we where getting back from the mall, but I still got to see all the goals scored. This isn't the end of the game, but I thought I could show a clip so you guys would see what it was like.


When it was over we drove to Asuncion and the streets were crazy! It probably took twice as long to get there, but it was fun to see how everyone was reacting. We drove to the aunts house and stayed there for about a half an hour. My host siblings spent the night, but I had to visit my work the next day so I went back. Coming home was just as hectic. We saw a bus with all the Cerro players on it, I took a picture, but by then it was further away. Oh and all my picture didn't really turn out very well, sorry.

Can you find the bus?

Here are some more of my pictures, and a video, but like I said, they aren't very good.


I was trying to show how crowed the streets were and how crazy some cars were, but everything around me at that moment was boring.


Groups of people were like this everywhere, this isn't a good example though. They were also blasting music.


I was only able to take a picture of this doll from the back because the people in the car kept staring at me. They told me something about Olimpia, but I have no idea what it was. We sat next to them in traffic for a long time.

Now soccer won't pict up for another week or two, they have really short breaks between cup things. I'm hoping to go to a game, I can walk to Luque's stadium! Hasta pronto 




No comments:

Post a Comment