Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Paraguay!

After we got off our plane we went to this awesome camp in the capital, Asuncion. I got so bit up there, but I don't care, I'm in Paraguay and enjoying every second of it! The AFS volunteers there were really nice, they even postponed our orientation until the next day! Our first night we just played around a lot.

First they gave us some Paraguayan snack cookie things, they were pretty good, some were chocolate and some were like biscuits. They also had juice, it wasn't as sweet as the ones in the US, but once you got used to the taste they weren't bad. At the camp there was a nice dinning hall, a big soccer field, a volleyball net, a play ground, lots of cabin/house things, awesome trees to climb, and also lots of space with trees. At first everyone played soccer, but I was put on the bench because I suck at all sports related things, also because some of us came for a soccer program, so there are some of us who kick "butt" in soccer. It was fun to watch. 


I played volleyball, and a girl from California tried to teach me and some others how to dance to this one song, but one guy laughed at me, that's how funny I looked. I don't care though, I was having fun! Eventually we ate dinner. Here in Paraguay they have "Paraguayan Time." That's what the volunteers called it. Almost all the time people don't come or do things at the time they say they would. We were supposed to eat when we got there I think, but we didn't eat at least for an hour and a half (I think). I don't mind though, I can wait forever. 


After dinner we played Sardines for a while, the place was really good for hiding! Some us hung out before we went to bed, I think we all had a awesome day even though we had been up for at least 20 hours (or at least I had been). 

I've gotta go, but I have so much more to tell! I'm actually really behind, I've been living with my host family for about 3 days now! Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment