Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What I've Noticed

I started living with my host family, they are so nice. The kids speak really good English (they have lived in the US for their whole lives), and my mom is really nice. I am really part of their family! We live in Luque, its about 15 minutes from the capital, the only time I was in the capital was when I was in the camp, but I think a lot of my exchange student friends live in the capital.

So there are a few things I have noticed since I have been here:
My Spanish sucks...yeah I thought it would, but I wish I could be better, I'm working on it though, that's one of my goals.
There are lots of stray dogs. I wasn't expecting it, but they are all very nice. We feed the one by our house, its going to have puppies soon! And there are two by their restaurant, we feed them too. You see them a lot when you drive around.
Oh yeah, my host family has a restaurant. It's nice and has an inside and outside. The food is good, and I don't have to pay for it since they own it!
The weather changes all the time. But it's like that in Pittsburgh too. Yesterday it was really cold but today its like cool with a medium wind (yeah I'm a great judge of the wind), but Monday was like 86. But it is winter so I'm expecting it to get colder.
There are lots of palm trees here, I like them though. It's cool to see there at night, I don't know why, but it is.
I haven't seen any McDonald's yet! I don't care, I hate McDonald's, I heard there is one (or a few) in the capital so I'm sure I'll see one eventually.
Below is Luques flag, I've seen it around, on I literally just realized what it is hahaha




I think I will start my community service tomorrow! I cant wait! I heard I will be working with preschoolers.


Sorry I haven't written much today, it's because I can't download any of my pictures so I'm just writing about what I see outside. I'll write more when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment