Friday, July 6, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Today is the start of my 6th full day with my host family! Turns out I was wrong about starting work yesterday. My liaison told me I start at 8 normally, but yesterday I was supposed to visit, but it rained (which I don't know why I couldn't go because of that,) but today I'm going to go in the afternoon and see what I have to do. Because I thought I started at 8 yesterday I woke up really early and started getting ready because I thought I was going to start working, I got all dressed, brushed me teeth, and then my mom told me that I'm going to visit the place around 2...eventually I feel back to sleep...

Last night my host siblings left around midnight to go on a school trip to visit a dam and stop at some other places along the way. My family really tried for me to go, I went and visited the principle two times. The first time she said all the buses are full. My sister, however, said that her bus has lots of room on it. The second time she said that it would make the parents mad. I guess that's a big possibly. I told them to take lots of pictures for me. They get to go though the forest and visit museums, it sounds like it's going to be really fun. I understand that I can't go, I'll just have to visit it another time!

On my first full day we went to the tallest (or at least I think it's the tallest) mountain in Paraguay. From the top you can see Asuncion in one direction and Argentina in the other! There is a giant statue of one of the first presidents of Paraguay on top. It was pretty mountain, on my way down, I saw a cart being pulled by a horse! I've seen a few of them so far. My host mom told me how they aren't common in the US but you'll defiantly see them here.




After that we went to a golf and yacht club. That place was really nice. It had a pretty beach, two awesome pools, and a huge hall that looked out to the lake. If you keep going on the lake you get to Argentina. They said that when famous people come to Paraguay they stay there. Enrique Inglesias stayed there along with a few others!



On our way home we stopped at one of the places along the road. I'm not sure how to describe them...They have lots of plastic table and chairs, most of them are red, and they make the food on a griddle thing. They make stuff from hot dogs to some kind of taco thing, I think. They are pretty big, but its nice to sit out side. There was a bar behind it and some guy kept singing karaoke songs over and over again, lets just say he wasn't good, even if he was singing in a langue I couldn't understand. It was still had a great time though.

I've also noticed that lots of little drink places (well I'm not sure what all of them sell) have bared doors. People just look inside and say what they want they they open  up a little hatch and sell it to them, I like them, but I've never bought anything from them, and they remind me of jail. The restaurant has a door like that that leads to the office.



Yesterday I road the bus, but that's another story. I have lots more to tell, just not all at once. Eventually I'll get up and type it for you...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment